SAVE THE DATE: 8th Annual Call-to-Action Breakfast — Tuesday, November 7, 2017
2016 BREAKFAST — HIGHLIGHT VIDEO (4 minutes)
2016 BREAKFAST — FULL VIDEO (83 minutes)
BREAKFAST VIDEO BELOW: If you host a group-viewing of our 2016 Breakfast (school, business, etc.), please email Shannon Kenevan firstname.lastname@example.org your location and the number expected/attending. Click on the video below, then click the box in the bottom right corner to make it “full screen”. Running time is approximately 83 minutes. Below the video is a checklist for hosting a viewing, along with downloadable resources used at our 2016 Breakfast.
SOME 2016 BREAKFAST HIGHLIGHTS:
HOSTING A VOICES OF MEN BREAKFAST VIEWING (OR WATCHING SOLO)?
CHECKLIST BELOW — INCLUDING DOWNLOADABLE HANDOUTS FOR THE BREAKFAST:
- Test video & sound prior to the Breakfast – video above. Press play, then click the box in the bottom right corner to make it “full screen”.
- Advertise the event. Downloadable poster 11×17-breakfast-and-livestream-poster, with blank spot on poster to list time & location of the viewing. Also, share the highlight video from the 2015 Breakfast – 2015 Breakfast highlight video.
- Seek parent permission if at a school. Template parent permission form here: template-high-school-permission-slip-breakfast-and-livestream.
- Consider food & drink for event.
- Ensure enough seating, large enough room for everyone, and that video & sound can be seen/heard by everyone. There is a 7-minute conversation period during the Breakfast — set-up your room to facilitate small-group conversations (6-10 people).
- Three handouts were given at the in-person Breakfast. Please print these for your attendees. Hand-outs include: (1) “11 Things Men Can Do” posters (which can be downloaded from the button at the bottom right corner of every page on our website); (2) “Action Cards” action-card – print on cardstock, cut in quarters, 1 per attendee; and (3) our event program, print double-sided (breakfast-program_web-version).
- If you are having video play-back issues, you can email email@example.com or call Shannon’s cell @ 920-213-8688.
- Consider scheduling an extra 30-60 minutes of gathering time immediately following the Breakfast video to discuss what was learned, and what can be done locally. Possible post-Breakfast conversation questions include: What did you learn, what impacted you? What helpful actions can you take yourself? What is good about our local school/business/community culture, and what could be better? What can we as a group do to make improvements in our school/business culture?
- Please send copies of your locally completed Action Cards to firstname.lastname@example.org (or consolidate info into a spreadsheet and send) – to help attendees stay engaged with the work of Voices of Men.
- Viewing Time: approximately 83 minutes.
- Gender make-up of attendees: our Breakfast is open to people of all genders. We target men and high school-aged boys, but welcome people of all genders. Our typical audience is approximately 75-80% male.
SHORT HIGHLIGHT VIDEO – 2015 BREAKFAST