8th annual Call to Action Breakfast
Tuesday, November 7, 2017
7-8am: Registration & Networking
8:00-9:25am: CALL TO ACTION PROGRAM
9:30-10am: Keynote Q&A (Optional)
Radisson Paper Valley – Appleton
- EVENT “FACT SHEET”: 2017 CALL TO ACTION – FACT SHEET
- ELECTION DAY is also November 7. Voting booths open at 7am; our event starts at 8am.
- REFRESHMENTS: coffee, juice, breads, and Danish will be served.
- SEATING: as is our custom, we seat people randomly so high school students, professionals, retired people, etc. get to sit together & interact. We try to have 2-3 people at each table who know each other.
- COST: event is $15 (free for students and their chaperones)
- AGES & GENDERS & CONTENT WARNING: The Call to Action breakfast will involve conversation around difficult topics such as sexual assault and rape, domestic violence, etc. Though any age is welcome with a parent, material is targeted for high school and above. And, all Voices of Men events are open to people of all genders. It’s important we do this work in partnership with women. That said, in general our target audience is teen/adult boys & men. Our typical event will be about 75-85% men and boys.
FREE LIVE-STREAMING: INFO & RESOURCES
- LIVE-STREAM WILL BE WATCHABLE FROM THIS PAGE, WHEN IT IS AVAILABLE. YOU CAN WATCH IT TRULY “LIVE”, OR AT ANY TIME AFTER THE EVENT.
- Test video & sound prior to the Call to Action Breakfast – if you are able to play any of the videos below, you should be OK. Press play, then click the box in the bottom right corner to make it “full screen”. Dowload this spec sheet for more IT info re: live-streaming. Live Stream Best Practices 2017
- Advertise the event. Downloadable poster School outreach poster 2017 with blank spot on poster to list time & location of the viewing. Also, share the highlight video from the 2015 Breakfast – 2015 Breakfast highlight video.
- Seek parent permission if at a school. Template parent permission form here: Permission Slip Template Voices of Men
- Consider food & drink for event.
- Ensure enough seating, large enough room for everyone, and that video & sound can be seen/heard by everyone. There is a 10-minute conversation period during the Breakfast — set-up your room to facilitate small-group conversations (6-10 people).
- Handouts will be given at the in-person Breakfast. Please print these for your attendees. HAND-OUTS COMING WHEN THEY ARE AVAILABLE.
- Consider scheduling an extra 30-60 minutes of gathering time immediately following the Call to Action Breakfast to discuss what was learned, and what can be done locally. Possible post-Breakfast conversation questions include: What did you learn, what impacted you? What helpful actions can you take yourself? What is good about our local school/business/community culture, and what could be better? What can we as a group do to make improvements in our school/business culture.
- Viewing Time: approximately 85 minutes.
- Gender make-up of attendees: our Breakfast is open to people of all genders. We target men and high school-aged boys, but welcome people of all genders. Our typical audience is approximately 75-85% male.
2016 BREAKFAST — HIGHLIGHT VIDEO (4 minutes)
2016 BREAKFAST — FULL VIDEO (83 minutes)
BREAKFAST VIDEO BELOW: If you host a group-viewing of our 2016 Breakfast (school, business, etc.), please email Shannon Kenevan firstname.lastname@example.org your location and the number attending. Click on the video below, then click the box in the bottom right corner — “full screen”. Running time 83 minutes.
SOME 2016 BREAKFAST HIGHLIGHTS:
SHORT HIGHLIGHT VIDEO – 2015 BREAKFAST